To help with our expanding workload within the civil, rail and construction industries, Geo-Info are looking to recruit a Trainee/Assistant Project Manager who would embrace the opportunity and gain significant experience working in this industry. Full support and mentoring will be provided to enhance your skills. Based from our Swindon office, flexibility will be required with travel and working arrangements.
Trainee/Assistant Project Manager
In Liaison with Project Manager/Senior Project Managers
- Prioritising projects with business requirements, allocating resource and assigning agreed deadlines.
- Ensuring all projects are delivered on time, to budget and to the agreed quality, working through the project life cycle. Making sure that all the aims of the project are met.
- Weekly report management and project tracking.
- Preparing and assessing marketing materials for all campaigns and communications.
- Manage client/brand activity day to day, owning and developing this area for the business.
- Liaise with all business areas to build project plans and implement.
- Agreeing project objectives.
- Representing the client's or organisation’s interests.
- Providing advice on the management of projects.
- Organising the various professional people working on a project.
- Carrying out risk assessments and creating Method Statements and Workpacks.
- Using IT systems to keep track of people and progress.
- Recruiting and Monitoring specialists and sub?contractors to ensure guidelines are maintained.
- Overseeing the accounting, costing and billing.
- Define the scope of the project in collaboration with senior management.
- Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project effectively.
- Determine the resources (time, money, equipment, etc.) required to complete the project.
- Review the project schedule with senior management and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise the schedule as required.
- Determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion.
- In consultation with the appropriate manager, recruit, interview and select staff and/or volunteers with appropriate skills for the project activities.
- Manage project staff and/or volunteers according to the established policies and practices of the organisation
- Ensure that all project personnel receive an appropriate orientation to the organisation and the project.
- Set up files to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured.
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organisation on the progress of the project.
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards.
- Write reports on the project for management and for funders.
- Communicate with funders as outlined in funding agreements.
- Monitor cash flow projections and report actual cash flow and variance to senior management on a regular basis (monthly/bimonthly).
- Ensure that all financial records for the project are up to date.
- Prepare financial reports and supporting documentation for funders as outlined in funding agreements.
- Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase.
- Undertake site inspections to ensure all projects adhere to the internal Policies/Procedures and Workpacks.
- Site Visits to test people’s knowledge and understanding of various aspects of the client’s specification
- Ensure checks on data are carried out and recorded
- Carry out PPE Checks.
- Carry out and ensure that staff carry out Site Inspections regularly.
- Carrying out risk assessments and considering how risks could be reduced.
- University Degree. preferably a degree in Surveying, Civil Engineering or Project Management.
- Effective time management and can multi?task and meet key deadlines.
- Self?starter with the ability to remain calm and positive under pressure.
- A team player with strong communication skills (both verbal & written) to all levels of staff, management and client.
- Analytical skills.
- Well?developed interpersonal skills.
- Numeracy skills.
- Commercial awareness.
- Ability to motivate people.
- Management and leadership skills.
- Solid technical background.
- Solid organisational skills including attention to detail and multi?tasking skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
The ideal candidate will have a strong focus on a high level of service, with a professional approach, determination and ambition.
LOCATION - Based in and around the Swindon area
SALARY - Negotiable, depending on level of experience and qualifications
HOW TO APPLY - Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Latest 'Blog Entries
Congratulations to Adrian for completing the 54321 Challenge in Ireland … Read More
Mala Easy Locator Training
Tomaz attended a two day training course with Mala this week … Read More
HEP Blockade Finishes
Blockade on Highland Enhance Programme between Aberdeen and Dyce comes to an end. … Read More